•  
  •  

Volume 13, Issue 2: Spring/Summer 2005

Letter from the Editor

For this Spring 2005 issue of The Promethean, I have had the honor of being Student Editor. It has been both challenging and fun reviewing the literary work of my peers and having the privilege of working with them to create this unique issue. Through the course of this semester, while working on The Promethean staff, I have recognized the meaning of integrity in literature.

Concordia University is a Lutheran school that works hard to uphold and demonstrate Christian values. While some of the material printed in this issue may not directly reflect the views or mission statement of the University, we at The Promethean have made a distinct effort to recognize Concordia's diverse community, resurrected in the work printed in the following pages.

I would like to thank the College of Theology, Arts and Sciences for supporting this publication so faithfully, and Student Government for its generous funding and interest in keeping this work circulating and alive. I would also like to thank Aaron Snyder, Student Editor, who did an exemplary job of screening and editing the writing that was submitted, and worked very hard to release this unique edition of The Promethean. I would also like to thank all of the students and faculty that contributed their writing and art, and giving all of us the opportunity to learn from their perspectives. It has been our goal through this issue to offer our readers new angles on the human condition through the expression of the vast spectrum of the widely different personalities that constitute the glue that holds together the Concordia community.

Issue

Artwork

PDF

Figure Study
Aaron Snyder

Essay

Photograph

PDF

Cemetery Crucifix
Sara Bonacum

Poems

PDF

With Our Eyes Shut
Luis Garcia

PDF

Americano
Luis Garcia

PDF

December Dreams
Paul Rondema

PDF

Fishing with Jake
Greg Harris

PDF

Divergence
Alissa Harris

PDF

Photographs
Andrea Bollie

PDF

Dancing Girl
Theresa Todd

PDF

Word Up Sista
Theresa Todd

PDF

Symbiotic Symphony
Lauren Roberts

PDF

ambiguous
Kristine Anderson

PDF

My Disease
Matthew Nash

PDF

Night Watch
Aaron Snyder

Script

PDF

Match
Tabitha Jensen

Stories

PDF

So Young and Beautiful
Michael R. Ashley

PDF

Yankari
Paul Rondema

PDF

Robert's Story
Sara Bonacum

Spring/Summer 2005

STUDENT EDITORS
Sara Bonacum
Aaron Snyder

Cover Art by Aaron Snyder